The Indian Medical Association is the only representative voluntary organization of Doctors of Modern Scientific System of Medicine, which looks after the interest of doctors as well as the well being of the community at large.
About IMA Solapur
The Solapur branch of IMA was established in 1935, under the leadership of late Dr. B. V. Mulay.
Today IMA Solapur has over 797 members and has its own meeting place & building for academic activities.
Following activites are conducted every year —
- Mulay Oration: IMA Solapur conducts an oratory competition every year in the honor of Late. Dr. B V Mulay, who started the Solapur Branch of IMA. Learn more about Late Dr. Mulay here.
- Raghavendra Elocution Competition: IMA Solapur also conducts an elocution competition in the honor of Late Dr. V B Kulkarni since 1970. Dr. Kulkarni is a Past President of IMA Solapur and was the first Male Obstetrician and Gynaecologist of city of Solapur.
- Late Dr. Vinayak Chitale Oration: Since 2015, IMA Solapur also conducts an oration competition in the memory of our esteemed senior most member, eminent surgeon and teacher Late Dr. Vinayak A.Chitale.
IMA Solapur has been privileged to be led by esteemed presidents. To see a list of past presidents, click here.
Over the years we have won many awards. Please find below a list of awards in the last 5 years.
- 2015-2016: Big Branch Award
- 2014-2015: President’s Appreciation Award
- 2013-2014: Publication Award for SIMA from IMA Maharashtra State
- 2013-2014: Highest Enrollment Award for the IMA Social Security Scheme
- 2012-2013: IMA Social Security Scheme Award
- 2011-2012: President’s Appreciation Award
- 2009-2010: IMA National Award
- 2008-2009: Best President Award
- 2008-2009: Best Secretary Award
The IMA Hall in Solapur
Centrally located in Solapur city, the IMA Hall is an air conditioned facility with a seating capacity of 150+ people. It has following facilities —
- Air conditioned, echo proof, well-furnished auditorium.
- Separate open space for catering and/or dining.
- Audio-visual equipment including LCD projector & laptop
- Purified drinking water.
- Separate washrooms for men and women.